Each year we provide a series of regional residencies with outstanding visiting artists from around New England. Each residency offers both small-group workshops and performances/presentations. Supplementary materials are provided for teachers, addressing both the Common Core and arts standards.
The following artists have been chosen for the 2016-17 school year:
- Michael Zerphy, theater artist, mime, clown, storyteller (through October 2016)
- Sokeo Ros, hip hop dancer, choreographer and improv artist (October 17-21, 2016)
- Karim Nagi, Arabic music, dance and folklore (November 10, 2016)
- Hawk Henries, Native American flute maker, flute player and storyteller (November 14-18, 2016)
- Jocelyn Duford, musical theater artist and educator (winter 2016-17)
- Stuart Paton & Burlington Taiko (March 2017)
- Frogtown Mountain Puppeteers (April 3-8, 2017)
- The Wondertwins, hip hop artists (returning spring 2017)
In addition, we are working with great New Hampshire and New England artists from our artist listing and would be glad to connect you with the hundreds of possibilities they provide.
Don’t see what you’re looking for here? Reach out to us – we’d love the opportunity to custom-design a program for your school! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Further details on available workshops and performances will be posted as they become available - feel free to contact us to learn more!
Most of these residencies are supported in part through the New England States Touring program of the New England Foundation for the Arts. NEFA funding allows us to offer our member schools significantly reduced fees for the programs of their choice. Not yet a member? Sign up here! Please contact us for a detailed price breakdown – we are happy to help our members with scheduling, block-booking, and even with finding sponsors and donors within member communities. Just ask!