Each year we provide a series of regional residencies with outstanding visiting artists from around New England. Each residency offers both small-group workshops and performances/presentations. Supplementary materials are provided for teachers, addressing both the Common Core and arts standards.
The following artists have been chosen for this school year:
- Michael Zerphy, theater artist, mime, clown, storyteller (through end of 2015-16 school year)
- Los Sugar Kings, Latin/roots/reggae music & dance (October 19-23, 2015)
- Mouli Pal, Odissi dance, yoga & Indian culture (November 16-20, 2015)
- Marek Bennett, comic artist (January through March, 2016)
- The Wondertwins, hip hop artists (February 1-5, 2016)
- Zili Misik, New World Soul/Music of the African Diaspora (March 14-18, 2016)
We are already working on our 2016-17 roster. Please reach out to us with ideas or to learn more about artists we are considering!
[In addition, Not Your Mom's Musical Theater will offer performances & interactive workshops in February, and during other months if requested, and other collaborative partnerships will be announced.]
Don’t see what you’re looking for here? Reach out to us – we’d love the opportunity to custom-design a program for your school! Just email email@example.com to learn more. Further details on available workshops & performances will be posted as they become available - feel free to contact us to learn more!
Most of these residencies are supported in part through the New England States Touring program of the New England Foundation for the Arts. NEFA funding allows us to offer our member schools significantly reduced fees for the programs of their choice. Not yet a member? Sign up here! Please contact us for a detailed price breakdown – we are happy to help our members with scheduling, block-booking, and even with finding sponsors and donors within member communities. Just ask!